Serendipitously, my wife was teaching herself to bake sourdough and I was itching to make something new. I saw her scoring with a razor mounted on a coffee stirrer and thought to myself that I could make a better blade holder. My web searches lead me to watching bakers score dough with bare blades. I set out to make a lame as small and light as possible, and almost immediately the idea for the circular lame came to me. I named it the UFO because of my affinity for 1950's scifi films.
There are starting to be more and more counterfeits out in the world. I hope you buy an original Wire Monkey UFO from us for the following reasons:
- We invented it.
- We don't use plastics or harsh chemicals.
- We pay fair wages.
- We love and give back to the baking community and are deeply involved in the Real Bread movement.
- We make beautiful objects that feel good in the hand and will last a lifetime or two if you treat them well.
- We stand behind our products 100%.
- We are based in Connecticut, USA.
Thanks for stopping by!