The UFO Nux (Latin for nut) is twice the thickness of the other UFOs and has much deeper sculpted grooves, which makes it easier to open and tighten. The design was inspired by the moon jellyfish.
If you are considering one of my circular style lames and you have any type of hand disability, this is the best model for you.
Be aware that the UFO Nux will fit into the UFO Holster, but it's a snug fit.
All UFOs are made here in our family owned small shop in Fairfield, Connecticut USA. We believe in fare wages, using no plastics or harsh chemicals and giving back to the baking community.
Here are some of the benefits of the UFO Lame:
- Ultimate fine control over scoring.
- Ambidextrous design.
- No more cuts for blade holders!
- Blade is easily stored inside for safety.
- No thumb nuts to snag on your dough.
- No more lost blades (if you are a blade holder, you know what I'm talking about).
- Designed and made in the good old USA.
One Japanese Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum coated double edge razor blade included; it is wrapped in paper inside the lame when you receive it. Please be careful when handling.
Dimensions: 46mm diameter, 12.7mm thick.
Materials: This UFO is made of solid American black walnut and stainless steel hardware.
Cheers and happy scoring!